Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install

Go down

MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Empty MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install

Post by LhYnxz Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Why do this mod??
- It hasn't been proven to give extra power but ALL of the Audi turbo cars have them so it definately cant be bad. All it does is allow more airflow to get to the intercooler.
MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Dsc01060
Tools Needed:
- Torx bits
- Razor blade
- Rivet gun
- Drill Parts Needed:
- Audi TT Passenger side wheel vent
Installation
Step 1:
- Jack your car up and support it on jack stands and remove your front passenger side wheel.

Step 2:
- Remove the stock wheel liner, theres about 10 torx screws holding it in.

Step 3:
- On Audi TT liner, cutout vent using a razor blade. Make sure you cut about an inch around the vents.
MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Dsc01054
Step 4:
- Heres the tricky part, cutout a hole in your old liner. It MUST be smaller than the TT vent piece that you just cut out. You want to make as big as where the vents are only. Heres a backside shot of it finished so you get what I mean.
MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Dsc01058
Step 5:
- Now line the cutout vent up with the hole in the old liner and drill small holes for the rivets to go into. Using the rivet gun install the rivets into place.
MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Dsc01056
Step 6:
- Your all done!!! Now reinstall the new and improved wheel liner and enjoy your free breathing intercooler!!
MK4 1.8T TT Intercooler Vent Install Dsc01059
Disclaimer:
I am NOT a professional mechanic and offer this as only a guide. I am not responsible for any damage done as a result of my procedure or the mods performed.
LhYnxz
LhYnxz
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-12-01

http://www.vwfusioncrew.net

Back to top Go down